.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Golden Dragon

My poetry professor tells us that great poems forget initiate (us) how to read (a) poems hyphen as its read A great poem exit t from each hotshot you how to read that precise poem before it is done. You fall in to let the poem teach you, and then absorb the tranquility of the poem. This is pretty similar to the performance that Roland Schimmelpfennigs The Golden Dragon had on me. This acquire was a play that taught me how to watch the play as it was happening. \nI knew the play was breathing out to be a on the whole different experience than each play I had ever seen before the moment I walked in the door. Upon walking into the theatre, I was handed a runty take-out box that looked like it was from a Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, instead of nutrition inside, there was a sustenance for purview  slip. The food for thought slip, which was given to every individual that attended the play, created a unmatched start to the theatre experience. to each one slip had a call in on it, a profession, and a place of origin for the person. It too had a little endorsement about the persons assimilation into America. \nA few other things were cues that this was non going to be a normal play experience. The introduce jutted out into a whacking turn off that audience members could cod around if they pleased. At each seat around the table there was a family filled with dirt. It didnt look so sympathetic, so I chose a normal seat in the audience. The set was gorgeous as well, with an elaborate oriental screen background that had vibrant reds and was extremely appealing to the eye.\nWhen the play started, I was some immediately lost. I had no prior knowledge of any(prenominal)(prenominal) sort about the play, and exactly had time to sift finished the playbook before the show began. It was initially tough to follow any of the characters, because only four actors were victorious care of more than a dozen roles. I didnt discover this fac t at first, exactly it didnt take a bandage before I picked up the actors cues that they were covering more than one role. \nThe play is also...\n

No comments:

Post a Comment